Tuesday, March 23, 2004

The Grand Canyon

Well we're back.  We drove to Williams Az.  The next morning we took the Grand Canyon Railway to the Canyon.  We were in the Club Car and  it was a fun ride up with a group of party goers, stroling entertainers and an open  bar. Coffee, tonic and pasteries were free of charge.  It's a 2hr 15 min. ride to the Canyon.

This was our first trip there and we we not disappointed.  Just awesome.  The air pollution was on 11, 12 being the highest.  Add that with the elevation and it was difficult breathing for some folks. Never the less a good time was had by all.                                                                                            

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go to the Grand Canyon.

Anonymous said...

That looked like so much fun! I would love to take that train. I love trains and the grand canyon never looked better. Thanks for the pics.
GypsyPaths

Anonymous said...

Your adventure sounds like so much fun and the pics are wonderful. Wish I could be there!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures always make me feel I am right there having fun with ya.

Hugs,
Michelle : )

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures---You two are soooooooooo good !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe air pollution would be that high at the Grand Canyon. Wow! Thanks for showing the photos. I've always wanted to go there but haven't yet. :)

Anonymous said...

it's on my list. I will HAVE to do that some day. I've only flown over as it is.

We have relatives out that way ... just need to find the time & book it!

Thanks for sharing your pics

~ Karyn
http://beta.journals.aol.com/karynetaylor/WhateverItTakesMyChoices/

Anonymous said...

Welcome to AZ! As a native-born 'Zonie, I know you will find places in this state that will leave you breathless (from the scenery). Check out the area from Alpine to Hannigan Meadow-you won't be disappointed.

Anonymous said...

oh man, oh man....dawn -these pics are gorgeous. you're living the good life, eh? we visted red rock, valley of fire, hoover dam, while visiting las vegas late last january...i was so taken with the desert - i can't wait to see the grand canyon, and utah now...thanks for these pics!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these great Pics..I`ve never been out that way. The grand Canyon was the last place my sister visited before she died.She loved it.
Vince