Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Thoughts for the new year.

  WORTH PONDERING
"We will open the book. It's pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves. The
book is called 'Opportunity' and its first chapter
is New Year's Day." — Edith Lovejoy Pierce

To start off the new year, I have started knitting again.  When the children were small They never had a store bought sweater.  I always enjoy knitting and I'm glad I kept a few needles.  I found a pattern for a beautiful Irish Hiking scarf and am warming up on it, no pun intended.  My next project will be a lot more challenging, a fisherman afghan.

 Bob has joined a softball league here in the park.  They have three teams here and weekly games against other senior parks in the area.  I will try to remember to bring my camera to the next game.  I told my son we now post the team schedule on the refrigerator, just like when he was in school.  

Tonight we are going to play Mexican Train with a dozen other people here.  We will have at least 6 on a table. 

Sunday night, my friend and I co-chair the cribbage group, we had 11 tables of 4.  The numbers will grow from now on as more people will come to AZ. after the holidays.

  The weather here has been rainy and much cooler than usual, but we still don't have to shovel it!   Love to all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well worth pondering. Thanks! *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

When i first got this alert.i thought that you people were in the process of writing a book about your journeys out there
you caught me so off guard..but it
would make a great novel..and
while i am in here..i take the
time to thank you for all of those
comments that you have left
behind inside of a place..
called bumbles..glad that you are
enjoying her..hannahthemaid....

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh that looks lovely. I can understand how your children never needed a store bought sweater. Seeing just a picture of your knitting it looks exactly like the knitting on a sweater that I bought recently that is oh so warm. Your children were blessed to have a mother that knits so well. :)
Happy new year to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

I used to crochet, but forgot how.....hopefully I'll pick it up again...>Happy New Year to you, you hav a lovely blog :-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl