Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Cher's "Never Say Goodbye Tour"

Cher call tonight's concert her  final touring appearance.  Cher's "FAREWELL NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE TOUR" was  great.  Her costumes are amazing and she still looks spectacular. 

   I had hoped to take a few pictures but cameras were not allowed.  She sang all the old favorites "I've  Got You Babe," "If I Could Turn Back Time" and "Believe" .

    We have been fans, I guess, like most of you since 1965 when she and Sonny made "I've Got You Babe"  Cher is approaching 60 and she still looks incredible, even if she was a multiple winner of "worst dressed" awards all over Hollywood.  

 Cher told the crowd that Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Lopez can have the touring circut.  "Follow this, bitches!" she cackles with convincing glee.  The fans loved it!  

 The opening act was The Village People, you must remember them from the late 80's.  They also preformed our favorites as YMCA and Macho Man. Of the original six members, five are still together.  Glenn was replaced  with Eric as the  Biker/Leatherman.    

 I don't have time to tell you more as I must get to bed now, we are off to Laughlin in the morning  for a few days.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blast!  I have been a fan for years.  I am so happy you had the chance to see her.  Yes, she does look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What a great combo! Village People and Cher! Love them both!

Anonymous said...

I love Cher's music as well, though most of her songs were on the air longer than I was alive or knew she existed. I'm just wondering how many farewell tours she is going to have. LOL
If she wants to have more farewell tours...she can go right ahead and hit Mpls while she is at it...hopefully timing it so that I have the money to take a couple of tickets from ticketmaster to attend. LOL

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOO JEALOUS!! I HAD TO WATCH THIS TOUR ON TV. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS LIVE. I KNOW JUST ON THE TELEVISION IT LOOKED LIKE A SPECTACULAR SHOW. I HAD TO LAUGH WHEN SHE SAID THAT TO BRITNEY SPEARS. AND ALL THE OTHERS. LOL!!!
TOO BAD THEY DIDNT ALLOW CAMERAS.  BUT, OH WELL, YOU HAVE IT ALL DOWN IN MEMORY, I BET. :)
KIM.