Saturday, November 27, 2004

THANKSGIVING

We had a very nice  Thanksgiving dinner with a few close friends, 272 to be exact.  Not what you might call intimate dinner group, but non the less a friendly group.  

 We are each others extended family for the winter.  We came from all over the country and Canada, to enjoy the sunny weather of Arizona for a few months.   We make jokes about the snow areas, especially our own, and say "better them than us."  What a group we are.  We walk, ride bikes, play cards, dance, go to shows.  Volunteer, and thank God for our blessings.  We just plain enjoy each other.    

Christmas is another story.  It seems to be much harder to be away from your family on Christmas.   I personal dread it.  Every time I hear "I'll Be Home For Christmas" the tears start flowing, but with a little help from my friends I'll get through it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! How great it must be to be able to do what you're doing. I always hoped my Johnny and I would be able to do something like that. But his triple by-pass and then the bout with cancer tossed that dream away. Still...we're together. That is a miracle in itself. Have fun. Will think of you on Christmas. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

DEAR DAWN.....YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL JOURNAL!  IT IS SO VERY INTERESTING, AND I LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR INTERESTING LIFE!  YOU ARE SUCH AN UPBEAT AND HAPPY PERSON, ALWAYS SURROUNDED BY FAMILY AND FRIENDS....YOU SEEM LIKE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT  "YOU HAVE TIME FOR EVERYONE, AND EVERYTHING IS EASY TO DO."...I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING ARIZONA, AND I MYSELF , CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK TO THE SOUTHWEST....I LIKED YOUR ENTRY ON TREES....THE TREE THAT JOYCE KILMER WROTE ABOUT IS NOT TOO FAR FROM HERE...IN NEW BRUNSWICK, NEW JERSEY, ON JOYCE KILMER AVE!..IT'S ABOUT 1 HOUR FROM HERE, WHERE I NOW LIVE....I GREW UP NEAR THAT AREA..RECENTLY, BEFORE MY FOOT SURGERY, .WHEN I WAS WALKING AROUND OUR NEIGHBORHOOD, I WOULD STOP AND TALK TO THE TREES AND WRITE POEMS AND HAIKU'S, AND TAKE PIX....AS THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL, AND THE SOUTHWEST IS SO BARREN....EACH AREA OF OUR COUNTRY SURELY HAS ITS OWN BEAUTY!.....SORRY YOUR FRIEND PASSED ON...I WILL REMEMBER HER IN MY PRAYERS...............DAWN YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND TO ME...THANK YOU SO MUCH....I LOOK UP TO YOU, AND WISH I COULD BE LIKE YOU!.....FRAN

Anonymous said...

Good food and good friends--it just doesn't get any better than that.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow what a party! Hope the food was good!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Fun!