Friday, February 13, 2004

Paraskevidekatriaphobia

Paraskevidekatriaphobia: Fear of Friday the 13th.  They say "when you learn to pronounce it, you're cured!"   If you can't spell it or even pronounce it, don't worry you are not alone.  Most of us can't, but there are over 17 million of us suffering from it.

DID YOU KNOW....

* it has been estimated that 750 MILLION DOLLARS will be LOST in business because people will not shop, travel or take risks of any kind on this Friday the 13th?

* that the U.S. NAVY to this day will NOT LAUNCH a ship on Friday the 13th?

* that OVER 85% will RISK THEIR LIVES rather than walk under a ladder?

* symptoms range from mild anxiety and a nagging sense of doom to full blown panic attacks?

* SOME WILL NOT EVEN GET OUT OF BED or leave their homes this Friday the 13th.

Not me, I'm going out tonight without giving all this a second thought. Catch y'all tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My day was not that bad considering that fact.

Anonymous said...

I really liked this & your journal is chock full of diverse, interesting stuff. (The mouse calibration thing at the bottom is priceless!) Enjoyed my visit very much & will return. ~H

Anonymous said...

Interesting information. I enjoyed some of your photos in past posts. Thanks for visiting my journal. I ll come back to yours again also. We just bought a pop up camper after years of tent camping. We love it. Lori

Anonymous said...

E N J O Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vince