Monday, January 19, 2004

Arizona Sky Diving

Today we went to Skydive Arizona, located in the heart of the scenic Sonoran Desert, which lies midway between Arizona's two largest cities, Phoenix and Tucson. This school was started at a gravel airstrip N. of Phoenix  and has grown into the  world's largest skydiving center, with over 150,000 jumps made every year.

Most of the jumpers today were Canadian  and a few from Alaska.  It seems to be a sport for all ages.   Their were many young adults  and a jump master that we were talking to appears to be in his 70's.    He has made over 11,000 jumps! 

Who knows maybe I'll give it a try sometime.   Skydive Arizona - Come to the Sun!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yowza! You're much braver than I if you do! I just cannot IMAGINE doing something like that. I'm a big chicken! LOL!

Gregg

Anonymous said...

Watching skydivers is enough fun for me. Tell us if you do it.

Anonymous said...

sorry .. its against my religion or something equally important to exit any airplane until its come to a full and complete stop and the pilot has turned off the seatbelt sign
:)
pamela

Anonymous said...

11,000 jumps? That's amazing and he's still at it in his 70s? I'm ashamed of myself for feeling old in my 50s.

Anonymous said...

great site you have here - i'm glad you tossed off the bowlines - and went out to discover...you've officially inspired me....~flora.

Anonymous said...

OMG .. I WOULD LOVE TO SOMEDAY FIND THE COURAGE TO SKYDIVE. MY FEAR OF FALLING FROM ANY GREAT HIEGHT KEEPS ME GROUNDED. ALTHOUGH MY LOVED IN ARIZONA FOR MANY YEARS AND IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL THERE. TELL ME WHAT STATE HAVE YOU FOUND THE BEST OUT OF THE COUNTRY YOU TRAVELED? ~BERLY
http://journals.aol.com/wayoutdacloset/ThoughtsPoemsScribbles

Anonymous said...

Whew, I thought you were going to say you went skydiving. Too scary for me. But, you go! ---Robbie