Sunday, May 6, 2007

LONG HIATUS

Well, it's been a while, but Bob and I are still wandering around.   Sorry it took so long to come back to J-Land.   I will try to do better! LOL    
 
We left Arizona in November as my dearest friend's husband was very ill and we thought  we would like to be closer to her and her family.  Carol and I are like blood sisters, who will remain friends forever, as we know to much about each other.  LOL   As we are making our summer plans, we have to face the fact that Michael, Carol's husband, and our friend will not be there.  For the past six years we stay at Carol's in our motorhome, and rituals have been formed.  Mike and Bob always share their morning coffee outside under the awning, joking and settling the worlds problems.  It was something they both enjoyed doing.  Mike was a quiet and unassuming man, a good father, grandfather, husband and friend.  We will miss him.
 
Currently we are in Ormond Beach, Florida.  We are about seven miles from the Flagler/Volusia fire that has been burning for about a week.  The smoke at  times is over powering, depending on which way the wind is blowing.  To make matters worse, today we had heavy thunder storms and  hail.  Hopefully the rain will slow down the fires.
 
We have spent the winter months in Florida and have had a grand time in Bakers Acres in Zephyrhills.  There are 250 RV resorts in Zephyrhills.  That means many seniors and many buffets. LOL Just like on the Steinfeld show, early bird specials!  
 
Zephyrhills is just north of Tampa and just a day trip to Disney or Bush Gardens.  Good location to see lots of things and just to play around.  The park that we stayed in is an extremely friendly park, with enough activities to keep one busy. 
 
It's getting late , so I will say Good Night  for now.  

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Dawn,

My heart goes out to you and the situation with your friend. That must be so hard. May each of your find peace during this tough time.

I love the pics, as always. But my favorite is the Manatee. Being from S. Florida I fell in love with the 'sea cows' very early.  I just love those wonderful gentle giants.

Hugs,

Deb

Anonymous said...

It was great to hear from you again.  Sorry for the loss of your good friend.  I enjoyed your pictures.  It's like being on the journey with you
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Wow...good to finally see you again!   (I had gotten your card a while back, and no...I am not the Nancy you thought I might be...sorry!)   But I'm a pretty swell Nancy anyway!

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/notions-of-nancy/entries/2007/05/05/tribeca/2218

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you again I thought you were gone forever and that was upsetting me as I have been worried about you and Bob. Glad to hear you are both well. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hey there!!!!  I am so happy to see you back!!!  I loved all the pictures that you posted!!!  Thank you for sharing!  

I am very sorry about Michael... sending prayers for Carol and you and Bob, for strength and comfort.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Ah so your in my neck of the woods.  We have friends in Z-Hills and Dade City.  Dade City has some nice antique shops and restaurants.  We are just a short drive from you - Brooksville.  Would love to meet you and Bob and hear your stories.  Ever been to Anclote Key State Park?

Blessings to you,

             Marlene - A Poet's Point of View
             

Anonymous said...

Its great to hear from you again....I was beginning to wonder.  Seriously...I popped over here about a week ago just to see if maybe I had missed some alerts.  Sounds like you have had an exciting time...and maybe a bit sad.

Happy Travels!
Greg

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!!!! I got the Daytona post card in the mail today and we all enjoyed it because it shows the peer we fished on and the hotel we stayed in. Thank you Dawn for the card and the encouraging words.

Love, Lahoma

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!

It's great to see an entry from you.  I'm so sorry about your friend, it's so hard to lose people we care about.  It sounds like you two have had a busy time.  Loved all the pics you included.
We are making a trip in our motorhome next month.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

What great pictures Dawn!! We were in Florida this weekend, and when we left Monday the waves in Gulf Shores were about 6 feet.....pretty unusual for the gulf. Im so sorry about your friend, thats so sad. Keep us updated on your excursions, I love reading about the places you go.
Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

from pearl and gus, glad youare journaling again!  I (pearl)would like to be by the ocean right now instead of mowing yard...in the 80's in IN, so planted some flowers and tomato plants.....have safe journeys.

Anonymous said...

So glad your back reporting your travels. Sounds like you are having a great time.
I'm so sorry about your friends illness. Good to have you back.
Trish

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Dawn. I'm sorry to hear of your (and your friend's) loss. I read about the wildfires in FL and GA, the smoke extends well into the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy your summer's travels!

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you guys back on the road again. So sorry to hear about your friend!

Anonymous said...

Once again sorry about Michael and that you are there for Carole.  Sure miss you as our neighbors in Good Life.  Phil & I took a 2 week vacation in March to Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan, Mexico, spend time with his 2 brothers from MN. at their time-shares.  Back in MN. to mowing the lawn and spending time with the daughters/granddaughters.  Safe summer traveling.   Dr. Phil/Doris Saldana