Monday, May 21, 2007

Going Crazy

 
Almost a week without a Internet connection and I am going crazy.     I know probably half of you don't believe me and the half that know me, are thinking "She always has been a little daffy." 
 
Before that I had problems with AOL and lost all my favorites, and trust me I was really upset with that.  I know have to find as many as I can.  This sinks!  I hope you will forgive me and I will catch up with Journal reading as soon as I can.
 
Today is Friday and I am writing this in advance of having a connection.  We are moving from  this beautiful Georgia park Sunday, going to Knoxville for a couple of days and then into Indiana.  We are hoping Knoxville has Wi-Fi.
 
Bob has been in the hospital for a few days, but released this afternoon with a clean bill of health.  It appears he had a TIA or a shortage of oxygen to the brain.  He has had TIA's before so they changed his medicine with one that will decrease either problem.  We will have a follow up with our own Doctor in Massachusetts.
 
While Bob was in the hospital, we were registered on a particular site for a limited number of days.  It was time for us to leave and the park had a reservation for our site  the same day as we were supposed to leave.  Our  friends, Art & Ginny, who live in Atlanta came in and moved our coach and set it up on another site, while Bob was still in the hospital. At  times like this we are so grateful to have great friends.  How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it.  Thanks guys.
 
Saturday May 19....  Back to the hospital this morning.  Bob as had another TIA.  The doctors feel that the new med he is on will stop these in a week or so.  So they told him if he gets more and they are no worse than the ones he is having now, he doesn't need to come back unless he has more symptoms leading to a stroke.  This is so scary.
Tonight  his face on the left side is numb again.  We are trying to remain calm.  What makes it worse is that we are in a park that locks the gate at 10:30. 
 
Monday,  May 21st.   Finally we have Wi-Fi for a day or so.  Leaving  tomorrow.  Hopefully we will be settled in by Wednesday for 10 days or so.   Gotta run.  More later.  Take care of yourself.
 
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the trip and God Bless you both!

Love, Lahoma

Anonymous said...

Hope Bob recovers well, Dawn. You may want to put your favourites on del.icio.us (e.g.).

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Bless your heart, Dawn. You must be so worried. I do pray and all goes well for Bob and the new meds start working right away.

One more thing. I would have a nut case without internet. :-)

Hugs,

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hope Bob feels better soon!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Holey moley...keep us updated about Bob.  Friends can be amazing sometimes....I agree.  take care!
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

I hope everything gets much better with Bob!! Thank God for friends!!!
Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hello friend. Just wanted to let you know of a new journal. All are welcome. Thanks! Tammy

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have had health problems hope everything turns out OK. Brenda

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you....I hope the TIAs get under control...they can be scary.

Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

{{{ Bob }}}} Sending prayers... head up to Mass... FL docs suck.  Be sure he gets a real good check at your regular docs.  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope things are OK with Bob.   I know it must be terrible knowing that the gates are closed and you may need to get out of there in a hurry.  I am assuming that they have an on-site ranger that can unlock the gate in an emergency.

Good to hear from you again, and I hope that your computer issues are short lived and you can get back to surfing very soon.  Just in case you have lost my journal addys in the shuffle, I'll leave them here for you.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/WaterfallTrekking/
and a bonus gallery addy
http://hometown.aol.com/NCPhotoTrekker/index.html

Anonymous said...

so sorry about Bob, it must be so scarey. It sounds like you have great friends there!
Kristin