Friday, January 27, 2006

We Are Outter Here

  We finally left Spectrac Suspension Center on Wednesday.  After all this time we felt like family.  The young manager, Bill, gave Bob a hug and said if we ever needed a place to stay, just give him a call.  Nice kid, drives a Harley, good sense of humor, the kind you would like to have as a son. They did a great job with our coach and would recommend they to anyone needing this type of work done in the East Valley.  Bob says it handles better than ever.

  Anyway we are now in Yuma AZ. and tomorrow we will be leaving here for San Diego.  Today we went to Algodones and I had my teeth cleaned and picked up a few medical supplies.  Algodones is quite a place.  The Quechan Indian Tribe have dibs on the parking lot before you cross over.  At three bucks a car, they do alright.  The American seniors swarm this little town to buy legal drugs for whatever ails them, for a reasonable price and the Mexicans are racking it in.   Drugs aren't the only things you can purchase, but if you go there, use the Purple Pharmacy.   Bob  bought me some yummy Kahlua chocolates, my surprise for being a good girl at the dentist!  LOL  All along the sidewalks are shops  selling colorful clothing, leather goods, jewery, and a cantina.The music is playing and the marguerites are flowing.   When you read this how can you not think this must be a wild town with cheap drugs, booze and loud music.    No wonder I like it there!  Ha. Now if you just want to look better you can get a hair cut, face lift, or new glasses.  What more can you ask for?  

will be our first visit to California and might be our last.   Diesel on the line of AZ./Ca.  is priced at $2.61  a gallon, but in California it is $3.05  a gallon.  Campgrounds run  $50 a night and upwards. I think to live in California, one must have a lot of money or at least a good job.  What  will we do there?   I'll keep you posted.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm so glad that you got on you way!!!! I know you are to!!! Sounds like the little place you went to is kinda neat!!!! I envy you for getting to travel all over!!! I'd like to do that one day myself but for right now....I owe...I owe.... so off to work I go!!! lol......... http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are on your way again and await further adventures.  Where you are now sound grat a great place for a winters day.LOve joan.

Anonymous said...

Have fun and drive safely!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you are glad to be on your way.  I can't wait to see what your next adventure will be.

Deb