Monday, January 2, 2006

The New Year Begins

Well I don"t know about you , but I'm glad to take down the Christmas decorations and look forward to a new year,  I'm guaranteed to have money in my pocket, because I put out my jar of money!   Unlike" bosoxblue6993w" who had his jar stolen!    Now  who would steal from him?  I think he was kidding with me, his lost, can't say I didn't give advance warning.   

                                                   Picture from Hometown      I read my hometown newspaper online today, "The Salem News."  It seems that Beverly had First Night and it was a huge success.  It seems that they had an enthusiastic crowd, an extraordinary colorful parade, a Christmas card snowfall and 300 beach balls.  The beach ball connection is that Beverly is on the ocean.  Beverly does not have a Tiffany ball like New York City, but the count down to the new year was just as exciting.  At exactly midnight, a giant beach ball, labeled 2006 was flung from the roof of the local bank, followed by 300 smaller beach balls, of every color, red, blue, yellow, falling with the snow.                    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounded lide a different way to celebrate the new year. Hope you had alovely time Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

The beach ball thing sounds like good fun.

Yes, I amglad to have the Christmas stuff down and packed away.  Deep breath and on to a new year.  

Anonymous said...

I put out my jar...let's see what happens.
Happy New year!!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

in Revere they throw a candlepin bowling ball off the roof of Anna's Pizza