Sunday, January 15, 2006

Island Sunset

Picture from Hometown     I had a nice surprise last night.  I received a note from Steve's digicams- Digital Photo of the Day, telling me that my  photo had been selected as photo of the day for Sunday  Jan 15 th.  

The photo that I entered was one I took at the Otter Banks in North  Carolina.  From Cape Hatteras, we had taken the  ferry ( about 40 minutes) to Ocracoke Island.  This was another first for me, as I had never been on a vehicle carring ferry.  

Ocracoke Island is where Blackbeard once roamed, is a popular place for beach vacations.  It gets pretty busy on weekends but durning the week it's the perfect getaway.  

Now if you want a few things to do there's outstanding fishing, great little specialty shops, restaurants gallore, a birdwatchers paradise, shelling, and a four-wheel drive on the beach. And there is always a nap on the beach.  

 What you will not find on the Island is a movie house, stripmall or fast food.   If you get the chance to visit Ocracoke Island do it.  It is a must-see, providing a step back in time to a fishing village of yesterday.  We'll be going back again.  

 Here is the link to Steve's Digital Picture of the Day.  If you look at it after today, Sunday the 15th, you will have to scroll down to the calendar and click on the 15th.  

  Steve's Digicams - Digital Photo of the Day  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your having your picture selected.  It is absolutely beautiful.  I love the water, the sun, and the silllouettes, and I'd love to be able to visit Ocracoke Island.  You paint a very serence picture.  Pennie  

Anonymous said...

Well done Dawn for having your photgragh selected, I hope you also get picture of the month. Very well thought out picture. Always look at this site every day to see whats on. Again well done.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture!!! Thanks for visiting my journal!! I love your journal!! I will be back!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Of course it's photo of the day.  What a lovely, lovely picture!

Great Job!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice shot! and congrats on photo of the day.
Tess