Wednesday, April 27, 2005

It's a Small World


It's a small world after all.  Yesterday we took a cruise  around Lake Mead on  a Mississippi River-style paddleboat.  The weather was wonderful with bright sunshine, lovely blue skies and big fluffy white clouds.  It was there  we met two different couples from Massachusetts, one from Attleboro and the other from our home town Beverly.   How about that!  

Lake Mead  has 550 miles of shoreline.  We didn't see it all but had a nice afternoon.  We went down as far as the Hoover Dam and returned.  After a while the Attleboro chick and I went  up to the bridge and tried our hands at steering the boat.  We had a lovely talk with the Captain while our guys basted in the sun.     

Be kind to each other.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dam looks so different from down at lake level! We visited up at the top and ate a "dam dog" at the Snackateria. I have the bumper sticker to prove it (since my camera was stolen out of our car shortly after we left the dam, the bumper sticker and drink cup are the ONLY proof that I've been there). :-)

Anonymous said...

hi just wanted you to know i was here. Still can't figure out what's going on with my computer but I am using my mothers laptop in the bedroom while everyone sleeps.Kristin P.s. thanks for the help

Anonymous said...

Oh I know I am going enjoy following along with you on your six months of travel.  It's not far away for us now.  I have alerts set for new post of your journal.  How's it feel knowing so many people are traveling with you?  If you get to Florida, look us up, we have a place to plug in a camper.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

We are still in Indiana, busy seeing old friends and family.  The weaher was great the first few days we were here but then it turned really POOPY, some snow and lots of rain.   We are seeing Nancy and Norm Getzin today for lunch and then I am going to see one brother.  

Philip, our grandson runs track and we have been to a couple of track meets.  He came in first in both of his events both times, so that was worth sitting in the cold and rain to watch.

We are leaving for Montana Saturday morning, going through Michigan to see some friends on Lake Hureon and then our oldest Grandson in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.  (he is in the Coast Guard)   We should be home sometime Wednesday or Thursday.   If you get that way, let us kn ow.  Shirley and Jack.  

Anonymous said...

HI DAWN!  IT'S S GREAT THAT YOU ARE IN LAS VEGAS, HOOVER DAM, AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS...IT MADE ME MORE HOMESICK...I BELONG THERE!....ANYHOW, I FOUND YOUR JOURNAL ON THE SEARCH ENGINE MAMA.COM.  I WAS CHECKING OUT MY JOURNAL, "REFLECTIONS OF A PRISON WIFE," ON MAMA.COM, AND I SEE YOUR JOURNAL , ALONG WITH MINE...SO I THOUGHT YOU'D BE INTERESTED TO KNOW THAT YOUR JOURNal HAS BECOME FAMOUS!..MY JOURNAL IS ALL OVER MAMA, AND ALL OVER GOOGLE!..CHECK IT OUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE....FRAN