Wednesday, October 6, 2004

I've Always Loved Cowboys

  Monday we went to historic Tombstone, AZ., "The Town Too Tough To Die".    Tombstone  is indeed alive and full of old West vigor.   Lots to see and shops to visit.  Gun fights daily at the OK Corral , which  was the most famous gunfight to ever occur in western lore,  and then lunch at the Big Nose Kate Saloon.  Big Nose Kate ( so named for her snooping ways ) was the gal that loved Doc Holiday-and everyone else too.  

  Next we visited  the famous Boothill cemetery just north of  Tombstone.    It goes without saying that the name came from so many of the dead died with their boots on.  This is Tombstones original graveyard used from 1879-1884.  

 Big Nose Kate, The Shady Ladies and The 1880's Bordellos  

   My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys  

   Tombstone Arizona History - Boothill

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there as a child and I still remember what great fun we had watching the gun fights.  Sounds like you are having a great time.

Anonymous said...

wow this was cool! I remember those gun fights at Disneyland lol. Just read each of the sites you left for us  THANK YOU. It seems to me that living in the old west was pretty frightening with everyone wearing guns....

Anonymous said...

Hello. I have always loved cowboys too. Still do. Thanks for visiting my journal
The Rest OF The Story. Appreciate it very much. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have accomplished the dream of many when they retire. Its wonderful. Lori