Sunday, October 10, 2004

The Curse of the Bambino

 

 

 

 

ALDS Game 3

(Globe Staff Photo / Barry Chin)

Ortiz is greeted by a mob at home plate, beginning the team celebration, which would last long into the night and is  probably still going on in beantown.    The team has a few days off before they meet the hated New York Yankees.   Only time  will tell if this  will be our year.  

 The next question that always comes up is will the sox end the Curse of the Bambino?   The sox have not won  a World Series  since 1918, before that terrible trade  of  Babe to the Yanks.

  HBO Online: HBO Special Events: The Curse of the Bambino  

http://www.bambinoscurse.com/whatis/#wiLegend  

 "Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."
  GO RED SOXS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great life style! Love to hear that some people can actually travel like that...sorry I've missed your journal before....good reading  thanks...Sandi  http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,  I remember when I was younger that I did some hand thing to that song lol.   Curse  hummm seems that way dont it.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Go Benotown!!!!