Friday, November 3, 2006

More of Texas

 
Friday,   November 3, 2006
 
   We are leaving Kerrville TX. this morning and going to Fort Stockton, TX.   There is not really much to see in Fort Stockton, so we will probably on stay over night and continue on to the El Paso area tomorrow. 
 
We are still on I-10, where the speed limit is 80 mph.   The trucks are really hauling out here.  Nothing in sight except the road and the high plains of Texas.  I am writing this as we travel along today, but can't enter it until we stop somewhere tonight.
 
Texas is one big state and will never run out of land to build on.   This I-10 is 884 miles long.  The Texans say "Everything is bigger in Texas," who am I to argue with that?  Can't prove it by me. LOL
As we left today, we are almost half way across the state.
 
Yesterday we spent in Fredricksburg, TX, a town of lakes and hills and more.  A cute tourist town with a history of German immigrants.  They have a nice historic district with many small shops and lots of bakeries and restaurants.  What to do, what to buy?    Oh my!
 
I really love Texas.  Never had we seen so many people have true pride in their state.  The Texas flag is flown everywhere along  with the US flag.  This is a good thing.  They sure talk funny here, but they say the sweetest things.  I could live in Texas.  Although I don't think that I would ever become fanatical about Texas chili or barbecue.   Being from Massachusetts, where we don't serve either.  Seeing that Texas has so much more than the food, I would be willing to try more often.    Have a good week-end.    Dawn

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I love Fredricksburg. They have got some of the coolest little shops.  SOunds like you are having a great time.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi I have been following you on your travels for quite a while.Not always commenting.Love your journal so much.Texas I love too,my son lives there he married a Texas girl.I feel as though I am there with you so enjoying it.Too true they all fly there flags proud.Keep up the good work.Safe journeys,wherever you go.God Bless.TakeCare.
Astoriasand. http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

If you like beef, try the Saltgrass Steakhouse.  Best steaks I ever ate.  If you're ever in NC try our BBQ.

Anonymous said...

congrats on winning the vivi award.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I have followed your journal with much interest for quite a while now,not always leaving comments .But I do so enjoy your Journal .So I have popped by again to say "Congratulations" a well worthy winner of an Award,only just got the late news.Well Done.Shout out loud and Say hello over there to my son in Texas for me will you LOL!!Take Care Safe Journeys Everywhere.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Vivi win!!!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Vivi and well deserved!
Dianna
http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartazz/DiannasMindlessMusings/

http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartazz/SazzyKreationz/

Anonymous said...

Congrats !!!!!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!! I'M SO HAPPY YOU GOT A VIVI DAWN!!! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

I just love taking pictures from my car (of couse not while I'm driving, but, he, he, I've done that from time to time).

You wanna trade links?
http://digitalartphotographyfordummies.blogspot.com