Saturday, December 17, 2005

Jesus is the reason for the season. To delete Him is like making applesauce without apples

There is a problem with the FTP Space , so I am not able to put in a lovely Christmas picture.  Just picture one in your mind as you read this.  

 I don't often haul myself up on a soapbox, but I'm up there now and here goes.    

 I'm tired of hearing "Happy Holiday."  What is wrong with a simple "Merry Christmas"?   Bob went to Safeway yesterday to pick up some groceries that we needed.  While greeting the check out person, he said "Merry Christmas" and they replied "Happy Holiday."   OK, one person's thought, but on the way out,  another employee said "Have a nice day" to Bob and he answered "Merry Christmas."   To this he got a "Happy Holiday."   It seemed they had been told by management to use these words. 

  Last Sunday's sermon at church was just about this issue.  The priest ended up suggesting to  us all to take our grocery business to Basha Market as they were not afraid to play religious Christmas songs as well as humorous Christmas.  We smiled at the time hearing this.   But you know as this week went on, we decided to wake up and speak up.  

 Polls show that 96 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas, and to most of us, it is our most sacred holiday.  So let's stand up together and fight back.  Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and flood the ACLU with Christmas cards.  See yesterday entry for address.  Come on now, only cost you 37 cents and two minutes of your time.  Don't let anyone take your Christ out of Christmas.  

 Love to all.   I'll step down now.     Thanks, and by the way....if nobody has told you yet: "Merry Christmas!"

  Click here: Jewish Group Defends 'Merry Christmas' Greeting -- 12/01/2005

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I refuse to say anything but Merry Christmas!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Happy Holiday is just starting to creep in on this side of the pond mostly on cards most people still say Merry or Happy Christmas. I managed a nice Christmas Picture entry yesterday> Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn! What a breath of fresh air.  Seems you are in AZ like me! I am in Mesa and shop at Bashas all the time hehe.  I know what you mean about Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! If by chance you get the AZ Republic there was this article in the paper on Sat. about how churches aren't having church on SUnday because it is Christmas and also how many churches aren't even having Christmas Services!!!  I was so sad. That makes no sense to me! I thought that Christmas was to celebrate Christ. What better place to do that then at church... SIGH...

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Amen!
http://journals.aol.com/kemh632/KarensOn-lineDiary/

Anonymous said...

I know what your saying. Jesus is Christ mas.  Now I don't understand why you can't say Merry Christmas. Do we have more Non Believers in this country now? It makes you want to no I can't. Peace on earth good will towards men.  God Bless Us All!!!!!!!!!! Yes, God and Jesus and yes I believe in them and always will. Have a VERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             Your Fellow Blogger,

                                               Marsha