Wednesday, December 1, 2004

Red Hat Society

Two weeks ago my friends Mary and Joyce and I deceided to form a Red Hat Group.   Today will be our first lunch.  We will try to keep it to a group of fun lovin gals with like to play dress up.  

The Red Hat Society  seemed to start with a poem by Jenny Joseph that goes something like this, " When I am a old women, I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me..." I shall go out in my slippers in others peoples gardens and learn to spit."   It started out with just a few women who wanted to take on middle age with energy and enthusiam, but now this new organization or what some call dis-organization is taking over the country, and more than 400-thousand women are involved.  

I'll let you know later how it went.          Dawn                              www.redhatsociety.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAWN THIS IS COOL AND YOU'LL HAVE ALOT OF FUN,    GO BACK TO MY JOURNAL A FEW ENTRYS, I WROTE ABOUT THE RED HAT CLUB   HAVE FUN!
****************BECKY*************

Anonymous said...

Love this entry. I'm not one for the rocking chair, not even close, not even when I hit 90. LOL Enjoy yourself. Happy holidays. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

OVER THE YEARS AS A SERVER, THESE LADIES WOULD SIT IN MY SECTION AND I HAVE TO SAY, THEY WERE THE FUNNIEST GROUP AND LIVELY AS COULD BE !! REALLY GREAT TO WAIT ON!!
KIM.