Monday, November 14, 2005

Mary's Birthday Lunch

HAPPY   BIRTHDAY    MARY   

    Picture from Hometown       Today was our friend Mary's birthday.  I won't tell her age, but I will tell you that she is still a spring chicken.  To celebrate this occasion Bob and I, Mary and her hubby Chuck went to Anzio Landing Italian Restaurant.

  This is a award winning restaurant and is a favorite of Mary's and myself.  It is  romantic dining with  white table clothes and has a unique decor of the 40's with an interesting bar made from a Cessna aircraft.  Anzio's is located at Falcon's Field, which is owned and operated by the City of Mesa, and serves as home base to more than 900 aircraft.  We were given a window table with a panoramic view of the mountains and runway 22.   Many diners fly in to eat at Anzio's.  

The food is so good here starting with the wonderful salad with a variety of greens, dried cranberries, olives and mandarin orange slices, served with hot garlic rolls.   Next was Creamy Garlic Pork  tenderloin with cranberries, mandarin oranges, onions & penne pasta in a creamy garlic alfredo sauce........and Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken Marinated chicken sautéed with red and green peppers, zucchini, & yellow squash, in a garlic alfredo sauce with fettuccini ........   And to celebrate her day, Mary was given a very large piece of double layered fudge cake topped with vanilla ice cream, smothered with raspberry and vanilla sauces and four spoons.   So yummmy.  

 I hope I didn't make you all hungry!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...it all sounds totally delish. I want some cake now. LOL

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, I'm reading your entry and I've not even had my breakfast yet as I have to wait till my pill for blood pressure is down for 15 mins. Your meal sounded yummee and you had a good time. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!  Now, I'm hungry!  :-)

Anonymous said...

hey i found your link and just wanted to give you mine if you get bored stop by and check it out  http://journals.aol.com/danniboo05/Danniboo05

Anonymous said...

I can tell your a good friend....you did not reveal her age.  Glad you guys had a good time.  the food sounds fab.  Oh here is that strawberry daiquiri.
Dwana

Anonymous said...

MMM Sounds so ngood. Todaywas my daughter's B-Day, too. Happy Birthday Scorpios!!