Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Seafood Galore

    Fried clams, haddock, lobster and flounder, this about sums up what we have been up to.  We are just social butterflies!!   Renewing old friendships and visiting with relatives has kept us busy.  

 We are parked in my forever friend's back yard and beside her son and his family's home.  There is no where  in this world that we would be more welcome.  We are humbled by their love and concern. 

  Bob is doing well, but our Doctor want a few more tests done.

Last week we  went to our favorite "eat-in-the-rough" restaurant in Essex.  Vacationers to this area all seemed to make it here to Woodmans, which is a family run business for over 90 years.   Grandpa Woodman invented the fried clam and you can count on it still being delicious.  They have won many dining awards through the years as the best of almost everything, including onion rings.  The best  I've every had.  Woodmans is always on my list to visit whenever we are in the area.  They also do clambakes.  

No visit to Essex would be complete without a ride over to Gloucester.  Just the smell of Gloucester with its strong salt air breeze is very special to me. Gloucester is also America's oldest fishing port.  

Praise the Lord.  The Discovery team is home safely.

  I'm sorry it has been such a long time since my last entry.  Will try to do better. Love to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well good! Glad to hear you guys are doing ok. I am very jealous of your yummy seafood consumption. :-)

Anonymous said...

all that ocean fish, etc sounds delicious, wether is not in I, hope Bob is doing fine, let us know, lots of luv toall pearl and gus

Anonymous said...

Lucky you.  You are living a dream. I would not have time to keep a good journal if I was doing what you are doing.   Hubby and I are retired too and do a lot of birdwtching amonst other things.  Have not been to the US but maybe someday.    
           

                     Best Wishes. Joan

     http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings