Saturday, May 14, 2005

Happy Days Are Here Again

Happy Days Are Here Again

  I wish you could see the big happy face I have today. 

   Back to civilization and I am one happy camper.   We have a telephone signal, a laptop and a Walmart.  Yaaa Whooo.  Today we went to the Walmart with a long list.  It is a new one with a regular parking lot and a  second level parking lot.  When you enter the store you must take the escalator down.  When you are finished, there are two escalators side by side going up.  One for you and one for your shopping cart.  The greeter hooks it up and you pick it up at the top.  Pretty cool.  She told us this was the first in the country.  

Yesterday I went to the History Center here in Salt Lake.  It'd the best  in the world for genealogy.  Guess what  I found?    My elusive grandfather in England.  He died in 1908.   From there I found his parents .  You see, I never knew any of my mothers family as she and her sister were sent to the states when she was 11 and her sister was 6.  They were sent, all alone on a 10 day  trip to Massachusetts.    I still do not know what orphanage they were in, but am working on it.  

 Tonight after church we went to Chuck O Rama.  Yummy.  Tomorrow we will do some sightseeing.     I'm so happy to be back in the fold.          Catch you later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that must be one HUGE Walmart.  I've never seen on with escalators.  Maybe you should have taken some pics.  LOL.  You sound good and I just know you are having a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn & Bob, sound like your are having such interesting fun, take care of those fossils and gems.  Glad you found some of your relatives from way back..drive safely and don't let anybody pass you (just kidding) love Pearl and Gus in Indiana

Anonymous said...

Wow that Wal Mart sounds neat   I'd like to see that.  One of my sisters lived in Salt Lake City for a while...but I never did get out there to visit before she and her husband moved back home to Virginia.

Anonymous said...

WOW, THE INFORMATION AND STORY OF YOUR FAMILY, ESPECIALLY YOUR MOTHER AND AUNT TRAVELING ALONE , IS SO INTERESTING DAWN! I HOPE YOU FIND OUT MORE ON THEM AND CAN LOCATE SOME FAMILY MEMBERS MAYBE. WOULDNT THAT BE NICE.
SOUNDS LIKE YOURE REALLY HAVING A BALL. AND THAT WALMART SOUNDS SO NEAT! WONDER IF WE WILL GET ONE HERE IN INDY LIKE THAT?
HAPPY TRAVELING TO YOU AND BOB AND BE SAFE MY FRIEND.