Sunday, April 25, 2004

Land of Counterpane

WHEN I was sick and lay a-bed,
I had two pillows at my head,
And all my toys beside me lay
To keep me happy all the day.

And sometimes for an hour or so
I watched my leaden soldiers go,
With different uniforms and drills,
Among the bed-clothes, through the hills;

And sometimes sent my ships in fleets
All up and down among the sheets;
Or brought my trees and houses out,
And planted cities all about.

I was the giant great and still
That sits upon the pillow-hill,
And sees before him, dale and plain,
The pleasant land of counterpane.

 

 

When I took the above picture in NM.  When I saw this, all I cound think of was a child's poem, The Land  of Counterpane by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Today is Sunday and  I am typing this as we drive down I-40, because I am finally able to use a phone line for 15 minutes tonight, I think.   hope hope It doesn't take much to make me happy folks.  We are in Arkansas and very glad to be out of  Oklahoma.  We has spent the last week dodging thunderstorms hail, flooding andf tornadoes.  I honestly don't know how these people deal with it day after day.  We never turned off our weather alert radio even when we slept.  One morning it went off at 3:30AM.  Good Lord.       Catch you all later. Hey  I forgot, what's going on with the Journal Picks again.   I hear they are at it again.   Been there, done that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that poem.

Anonymous said...

I know, the journal picks were terrible.

Mike+

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely out of Oklahoma.

As for the Journal Pics I think everyone should just turn down the opportunity to be 'featured'.  It's a mess.

Anonymous said...

Nice poem and photo!  The storms are horrid in OK.  My husband came from there and you should see how he acts even today...always standing out in the storm, looking for the tornado to hit, worrying, alerting people, etc.  And he's here in KY now.   (the storms aren't quite as bad) I don't know how they do it out there either.  They must worry themselves to death in Spring.

Anonymous said...

: D

Anonymous said...

New Mexico is beautiful....especially cloudcroft.  I am jealous!!!!!!