Monday, February 25, 2008

County Fair

 

 

 

 

The other day we went with friends to the Pasco County Fair.  We were not able to get to the State Fair which would have been the preferred fair, but what can you do, there is always something else going on.
 
We met early and went out to lunch and then hit the fair.  I just love a fair.   Growing up in Massachusetts, we always went to the Topsfield Fair which is the oldest agricultural fair in the United States beginning in 1818.  Later when we vacationed in Maine we always went to the Fryberg Fair, another great fair.
Any way , as we ate before we got there, I wasn't tempted to eat all the yummy foods, I was so strong walking right bye the fried dough, Italian sausage and onion, candy apples, and corn dogs arebig here. One of the first things we went to see was a bluegrass band, they were great.  We visited all the usual fair haunts, the exhibition halls, the livestock,and the midway.  Along the way we came across a giant talking robot with a sense of humor.   I was impressed with the young people raising rabbits, and cows which they proudly displayed.  There were not many people playing games or testing their skill on the midway.  The charge for most were a dollar an some a dollar and a half. Geez, it seemed like only yesterday the cost was only 25 or 50 cents.   No wonder there wasn't much action going on!   Anyway we had a good time.   This is the season for fairs across the country, catch one if you can, the smells alone are worth the trip!
Are you planning on going to the fair?
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such fun!!!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I Love all the pictures you took, so nice and clear Ü. All that food is seriously making me hungry LOL!

Glad you guys had a good time Ü.

HUGS~Donna

Anonymous said...

Scrolling through the pictures reminded me of our Dixie Classic Fair...the same lights, rides, fair food....  Then I got to the Tiger, that caught my eye as we don't have one of those.  I like the balancing act he is doing in thd first picture, that made me smile first thing this morning.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great outing and although I'd pass on most of the food, I'd probably not make it by the fried dough.  LOL

I love Topsfield Fair and my favorite small town fair in Maine is the Pittston Fair. VERY small, but really cool.  

Anonymous said...

Totally cool!  I love fairs too!  Yum!  I have a friend that lives in Pasco county too!  Small world... She was originally from Queens, Ny!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Great photos we don't have Fair's like this in the UK, thanks for sharing

Take care

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

How wonderful ,can feel the atmophere through your pictures ,thanks for sharing ,we have nothing like that here in the UK and the food sounds yummy bet the smells are great ...Love Jan xx   http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

We don't have big fairs here a few agricultural shows in the summer but they can be very expensive to get in. Lovely pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love a good fair too...and this looked like a great one!
ryanagi.blogspot.com