Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Beverly. Massachusetts

We are now back home in Beverly, Massachusetts. I could smell the wonderful salt air long before we actually arrived.  I wish I could bottle some up for each of you to enjoy.   It is home,  where I was raised  and where we have our roots.  Bob came from Salem, Ma. just two miles from here. I'll do an entry on Salem , witches, and his mother another day, see any connetion there?    Founded in 1626, the  City of Beverly is one of the oldest communities in the state.  I describe my city as the birthplace of the American Navy, noting that the first ship commissioned by the Navy first sailed from Beverly Harbor. United States Navy  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need a place we call home.  So glad you back and enjoying yourselves.  I love the mail box!!!

Anonymous said...

It is about time you got those sorry fingers going onto that keyboard--I just hope you finished all of your chores first !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just found your journal.  I think a journal of a travelling couple is very interesting!  -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink