Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Have The Fever

 
Sox fever that is!!!   Boy, would I love to be in Boston this week.  This week couldn't be any better.    Last night was the first game of the World Series, which the Sox won 13-1.   Just because I'm a  New England babe, don't think I' a braggart, it just sounds this way.    LOL     This is the second time in three years that the Red Sox played in the World Series.  
 
"Heaven in New England",  that's what the New York Times declared, in a column in which the Boston mayor bragged about living in a "city of champions", this because  the
Patriots are undefeated  and Boston College is ranked number two in the country.                           
 
 
 
 Right now, as I type this, tonight game is 2-1 in the 5th inning, Boston leading this very small margin.
 
 
      \
 Waiting for tickets to go on sale.
 
Carol Merletti (right) of Malden officiated the marriage of Annette and Larry Rine of New York at Fenway Park.
 
Four Boston Red Sox fans show their support for David Ortiz, known as "Big Papi," before Game 5 of the American League Championship series against the Cleveland Indians on Thursday, Oct. 18, in Cleveland. Associated Press
 
Lights supporting the Red Sox have been displayed on the National Grid gas tank along the Southeast Expressway, including such slogans as, "No Rockies High Here. Go Red Sox."
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you team are playing well hope they can keep it up. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Go Sox!!

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree... being a Yankee fan and say... Go Rockies!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

As a Mainer, I am with you. Go Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"1....DAWN ...you are right!!!! Boston ( and the North Shore of Boston ) are crazy with RED SOX FEVER......we are a little over the top with our RED SOX blankets hanging out the windows .. thats my neighborhood..........RED SOX yahooo!!!

Anonymous said...

Great, enjpy the series. Ain't it fun? Bill

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind comment. I am now watching the 4th game of the Red Sox serie's. Go Sox! You know we Mainer's are praying for a Sweep!

God Bless.
Toodle's,
Tia

Anonymous said...

Uhm, well, I don't even watch, LOL.  My brother would be ashamed of me!
By the way, you said in my journal you were going to Florida.  Wow!  I wish I were going.  I have relatives who live there.  I am SO jealous!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I just saw that two headed love bug thing, below again, in your previous entry, and I am going to have nightmares again, LOL!  Why did you put that in there?  Did you know I think of that thing often, LOL?  I guess I have too much spare time on my hands!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Baseball could never match rugby for excitement and all out warfare!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/